Within your home


Utilities — Gas, Electric, etc.

Many utilities have on-line services, but be sure to also inform the company in writing of your move and provide a forwarding address. For your own records, read the meters (water, gas, electricity etc.) on departing.


Remember to cancel both your landline and mobile telephone connections.

Cable television, other Pay TV and Internet providers must be notified.

Rundfunkbeitrag (TV Fee)

Change of address forms or forms to unsubscribe are available on-line (Online look under Wohnung Abmelden) . The forms must be filled out, signed and posted.

Miscellaneous things to cancel

Magazine and newspaper subscriptions, membership in Verein or Sport Clubs, library cards.