Insurance Policies


Health insurance.

State: If you have state health insurance, your coverage will end with the end of your job and your employer will notify the insurance company.

Private: If you are staying within the EU, you may be able to continue being covered on the same policy — provided you pay the premiums. If you do not want this coverage in your new home, you must cancel in writing.

Make sure you are not without coverage during the interim! You may need to get temporary coverage for yourself &/or family.

It is a good idea to get copies of your health records before leaving. This includes immunizations, dental records, X-rays etc.

Hausratversicherung (Household Insurance)

Cancel in writing.

Haftpflichtversicherung (Personal Liability Insurance)

Cancel in writing.

Car insurance (Kfz Versicherung)

Cancel in writing.